The annual “Oscar” nominee gift bags — stuffed with more than 80 gifts — are worth a record $167,000-plus each. That’s $17,000 more than the previous record of $150,000 set back in 2005.
The Oscar nominee gift bags are hand-delivered the day after the Oscar broadcast as a sort of “consolation” prize to the 21 losing nominees for best actor, actress, supporting actor, supporting actress and director. And the host, too.
Some of the racy swag:
• Laser vibrator. The Afterglow Pulsewave Vibrator bills itself as the world’s only adult toy that utilizes a low-level laser to enhance arousal. Value: $250
• Orgasm booster. “The Couple’s Love Shot,” as it’s called, is available to each of two “lovers” who can receive orgasm boosters including the O-Shot (Orgasm Shot), created by the same doctor who invented the Vampire Facelift to reduce wrinkles. Value: $5,000
• Pricey condoms. Naked Luxury Condoms, dubbed “the world’s only luxury condom” and “the most pleasurable condom in the world.” Value: $56 for two 6-packs.
Why so many racy products in the mix? “It’s connected to the idea that the beautiful Hollywood celebrities get ‘it’ much more than ordinary folks”. But truth be told, “the beautiful people in Hollywood must have all the same sex problems that everyone else does.”
Other gifts in the bag:
• Holiday in Tuscany. With the Italian Luxury Hotel Package, nominees will receive three complimentary nights in a suite at the five-star Grand Hotel Tremezzo. Value: $11,500.
• Chi-Chi car rental. A year’s worth of Silvercar rentals, the all-Audi airport car rental service that promises no lines, free GPS, free Sirius radio and free Wi-Fi every time. Value: $20,000
• Whiz-bang bicycle. Martone Cycling, known for its fashion and design-driven bikes, will hand out certificates for free designer bikes with automatic transmission and its signature red bike chains. Value: $1,200
Read more on it HERE
-Tyler & Megan