Tyler’s Survival Guide to Country Stampede
All stampede survival kits must include:
Tickets – To exchange for wristbands
Cash – On-site ATM machines are available, but save yourself some hefty convenience fees. Get cash before you arrive!
Bottled Water- Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!
Beer – Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!
Extra Ice – Once again, there will be ice available on-site, but save yourself some money!
Coolers – for beer, water, and any food you plan on eating
Sunscreen – Thursday will be hot! Don’t let a bad burn ruin your weekend!
Shoes – In case you pop-the-top on your flip-flop! Or in-case your feet start to hurt on your miles-long treks!
Rain gear (We’re in Kansas. Ya never know!)
Tent and accessories
Toothbrush/Toothpaste! (Just because you’re going to be a primitive caveman for a few days, doesn’t mean you can skip out on the hygiene!)
Tyler’s Stampede Tips
1) Less is more. If there’s one guarantee with stampede – there will always be someone wearing less than you, male or female! It’s always just so hot at Stampede, can you blame them?! The point is, no matter what you wear, you’ll look just fine…But less is more! If you’ve got it, own it!
2) Leave your two-stepping partner at home. Find one there! Bringing a two-stepping partner to stampede is just like bringing sand to the beach. It’s unnecessary!
3) Try atleast three things from the food vendors. From the front, Country Stampede offers some of the best concerts in the MidWest! From the rear, it offers some of the best food you’ve had this side of your favorite county fair! Funnel cakes, turkey legs, grill-roasted corn, fried pickles, the options are endless! There is literally something for every appetite at Stampede. I recommend the foot-long corn dog (with just a little swirl of mustard) – It’s a must!
4) Memorize the layout of the park. Especially if you’re not familiar with the Tuttle Creek River Pond Area and/or this is your first Stampede. There’s nothing worse than having either a dead or dying cell phone at 3am, it’s pitch black out and you’re lost. Don’t panic! We’ve all been there! What I would do to avoid the situation is, upon arrival, do a lap around the park. Scope the scene. Memorize landmarks. Know exactly where your campsite is located!! But of course, if all hope’s lost, atleast make sure she’s cute!
5) Be some body else! The beauty of Country Stampede is you can be somebody else for four days: “Oh, you’re Don Johnson’s niece?! I loved Miami Vice!” “It only took me three years to graduate from Harvard Medical School” “Oh, you’ve never heard of me?! I’m kind of a big deal!”, or just be yourself, that’s cool too! DISCLAIMER: Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the country. Do NOT use this method for anything illegal. Just use this method to score that hottie!
6) Use your head and don’t be stupid! The biggest mistake you can make at stampede is doing something dumb. Don’t fight, don’t be buying booze for minors, don’t pee in public, don’t steal coolers at 3am when you’re out of booze! I know, I know. That takes all of the “fun” out of stampede, but atleast it avoids all of the “fines” at Stampede!
7) Keep your radio locked to B104.7! It’s your Hometown Stampede Station! It’s also home to the best music you’ll find on the airwaves while you’re in Manhattan!
Have fun and enjoy the Kicker Country Stampede Presented By Verizon Wireless! – Tyler