No injuries were reported after a brief fire ignited on the roof of Bluemont Elementary Wednesday evening.

The school said on its Facebook page that a faulty heating unit ignited on the school’s roof after school Wednesday. There were staff and students in the building at Boys & Girls Club’s after school program. All were kept safe and were unharmed.

The Manhattan Fire Department says damage is estimated at $500.

The post No injuries reported after minor fire at Bluemont Elementary appeared first on News Radio KMAN.