It’s hard not to wonder how you’re doing as a parent when your child inevitably goes nuclear in the middle of a restaurant because their chicken tenders weren’t shaped like dinosaurs.
With that in mind, snack food company Pirate’s Booty commissioned a study of 2,000 parents of children aged 2-18 to find out not what their parenting fails are, but what makes them think, “Hey, I might not be doing such a bad job, here.”
This thought was immediately followed by a face full of sweet potato baby food. Allegedly.
Here is the top 10 things parents consider a win:
- Getting your child to eat their vegetables easily
- Keeping your child occupied and quiet while grocery shopping
- Getting your child to finish a meal without whining
- Having your child enjoy a healthy snack
- Having your child request a healthy snack or meal
- Keeping your child occupied and quiet on a long car ride
- Getting your child to finish their homework
- Getting your child to bed without any tantrums
- Successfully bathing your child without any tantrums
- Successfully distracting your child while passing the toy aisle so they wouldn’t beg for a new toy