A kitchen fire caused $20,000 in structural and content damage to a Manhattan home Thursday afternoon.

According to the Manhattan Fire Department, crews were dispatched just after 2 p.m. to 208 Parker Drive, in the Northview area. Crews found a single-story duplex with light smoke coming from the building. Investigators determined the source of the fire to be on the stove, which was left unattended. A fire extinguisher was used to put it out.

Two residents were home at the time and escaped withouth injury.

The property owner is listed as Greg Gilman Trust of Manhattan.